““The real damage is done by those millions who want to ’survive.’ The honest men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their little lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those who don’t like to make waves or enemies. Those for whom freedom, honour, truth, and principles are only literature. Those who live small, mate small, die small. It’s the reductionist approach to life: if you keep it small, you’ll keep it under control. If you don’t make any noise, the bogeyman won’t find you. But it’s all an illusion, because they die too, those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what? Life is always on the edge of death; narrow streets lead to the same place as wide avenues, and a little candle burns itself out just like a flaming torch does. I choose my own way to burn.””     Sophie Scholl

March 11, 2007

Paul to declare candidacy

by Jason Pye

Ron Paul will announce his candidacy for President on Monday:

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, a strict constitutionalist and fierce anti-war critic, will formally declare his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination Monday when he appears as a guest on a C-SPAN call-in program.

Paul, R-Texas, created a presidential exploratory committee in January, allowing him to begin collecting money on behalf of his bid. Kent Snyder, the chairman of that committee, said Saturday that Paul would make his candidacy official on Monday.

Permalink || Comments (7) || Categories: Election '08
TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/03/11/paul-to-declare-candidacy/trackback/

1. [...] The Liberty Papers   [...]

Pingback by Below The Beltway » Blog Archive » Ron Paul To Announce Candidacy — March 11, 2007 @ 2:24 pm
  2. My biggest concern about Ron Paul is will he defend America from Islamic terrorism?

Comment by Kevin — March 11, 2007 @ 10:55 pm
  3. That’s my concern as well Kevin. This is the only reason I haven’t jumped on the Ron Paul bandwagon yet.

Comment by Stephen Littau — March 12, 2007 @ 12:41 am
  4. Congress should be the one to decide on war. I guess we wait and see on Ron Paul. I’d rather not have anymore unnecessary detours on the war on terror.

Comment by uhm — March 12, 2007 @ 5:56 am
  5. “unnecessary detours”?? Such as? Do you mean not finishing any task which was set out upon? Like the detour out of Afghanistan that still has Osoma a free man and that country quickly descending into another terrorist haven? A detour like we’ve done in Iraq that *should* have been a mission to complete the tasks from 1992 and now has turned into an occupation that has our soldiers in the heart of a civil war over which we are having zero influence?

If the “war on terror” is still your biggest issue then this country has greater problems than I feared. We are losing liberties daily as the monolith we call “government” grows every day. I’ll take freedom over a false sense of security any day. Bush’s “war on terror” is a manufactured issue. I’m only sad that I fell for it the first time and only now realize that he’s no different from the rest.

I’m voting for Ron Paul, to date he’s the only politician in Washington that seems to have any sort of principles.

Comment by sr2 — March 12, 2007 @ 10:57 am
  6. Ron Paul is so far better than the rest of them that I’ve seen on the issues. He mentioned some kind of immigration reform in an interview which has me a little spooked. I just want the law enforced. He understands who the enemies are and the causes but I haven’t heard much on what he plans to do about them.

Unnecessary detours: Iraq and soon Iran if Bush has it his way. Iraq looks like a proxy war between the Saudis and Iranians. We should have left in power the Baathist.

The Salafis are violent and dangerous. They can travel across borders out of our reach. They ran to Pakistan and now are coming back regrouped, trying to take Afghanistan. People can be enamored by the radicals over the internet and want to jihad at home. Salafis don’t follow our rules of war. We need to adjust. We need to understand that we can’t bring these people out of the dark ages.

Comment by uhm — March 12, 2007 @ 12:46 pm
  7. There is only one potential candidate that will agree with you 100% of the time and that is you, if you decide to run. Barring that, you have to pick among that candidates that are running. Which candidate agrees with you most? Which candidate will likely do what he says? Which candidate will take us in the right direction? etc. While I don’t agree with Mr. Paul on everything I am not going to stop supporting him because I may not agree with him on one or two issues. I agree far more with him on the issues than I do any other current candidate and he has shown a history of doing what he says and in the very least he will start taking us in the right direction of more freedom and less central gov’t. From what I can tell every other candidate has a history of saying one thing and doing another. They are more about saying what people want to hear and then doing what will get them more power and money. I would rather have someone who will do what he says and instead of trying to acquire more power for themselves try to give more of that power, control, and money back to the individual.

Go Ron Paul!!!!