“Without the pen of Paine, the sword of Washington would have been wielded in vain.”     John Adams

May 16, 2007

Targeting Ron Paul

Oh this is rich:

I am this morning, declaring my candidacy for Congress in the GOP primaries against Ron Paul. If he does not resign his seat, and if another Republican candidate does not declare against him, I will run a balls-to-the-wall campaign for Congress in Texas CD 14.

I am the guy that got Ron Paul elected to Congress in 1996. I can and will defeat him in 2008.

Eric Dondero, Fmr. Senior Aide
US Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX)
1997-2003

I’m with David Weigel on this one:

Prediction: The overlap between people who thought the Democrats were wrong to purge Joe Lieberman and people who think the GOP would be right to purge Ron Paul will be around 100 percent.

Heh

Permalink || Comments (14) || Categories: Politics
TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/05/16/targetting-ron-paul/trackback/

1. See also:

The Ron Paul Internet Dilemma

Romney, Paul, Giuliani Won SC Debate – Fox News Viewers

VIDEO: Ron Paul vs. Rudy Giuliani

Blog This: Ron Paul Explodes Across Google, Campaign Site, YouTube,
    Technorati and more. The mainstream media (MSM) has been ignoring Ron Paul’s spectacular rise (see story for stats and details) across the Internet’s top websites.

Comment by Alex Hammer — May 16, 2007 @ 11:15 am
  2. See also:
    The Ron Paul Internet Dilemma

Romney, Paul, Giuliani Won SC Debate – Fox News Viewers

VIDEO: Ron Paul vs. Rudy Giuliani

Blog This: Ron Paul Explodes Across Google, Campaign Site, YouTube,

Comment by Alex Hammer — May 16, 2007 @ 11:16 am
  3. Ron Paul is honest. Ron Paul stands for freedom. Others prey on fear and stand for corporations.
    Dr. Paul is a true Patriot!

Comment by Steve Carlesi — May 16, 2007 @ 11:22 am
  4. El. Oh. El.

Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more pathetic display of an ugly duckling attempting to become a white swan. This guy has a serious grudge against Ron Paul and from reading what he has said on this site it looks to me like his obsession is unhealthy. I find his attitude even more disturbing because he obviously has an aggressive personality and is a hawk.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they found this guy covered in feces, wearing nothing but his underwear, picking through Ron Paul’s trash and eating his garbage, claiming that it will give him the power to finally defeat the evil mastermind that is Dr. Ron Paul.

Comment by Chris — May 16, 2007 @ 11:27 am
  5. Eric Rittberg Dondero Martinez McGraw – whatever your name is this week.

If you think you got Ron Paul elected to Congress, you are sadly mistaken. You are a dumpy little man with a funny little moustache.

You fail to mention that you were fired by Ron Paul. Ironic that you left that part out.

Comment by Insider — May 16, 2007 @ 11:28 am
  6. This is an example of one of the many crazy blogs Dondero writes on the internet. Is this the guy you want as a Congressman?

“Mr. Stephens, you are a f*cking *sshole

Stop lying you pr*ck!

You repeat only tired old Communist/Fascist leftwing talking points in regards to brave libertarian petitioners who stood out in the blizzard cold, and then 95 degree heat, to collect 80,000 signagtures for property rights all over Montana. And instread of praising those of us who petititioned you accuse us of engaging in “fraud.”

How f*cking dare you, asshole!!! I want a mother-f*cking retraction.

I’m a Veteran you f*cker. I served 4 years in the Navy. I have three medals and an honorable discharge to show for it.

How many years did you serve? If your a non-Vet than shut the f*ck up.

You are on shaky ground Sir. If I ever, EVER hear you accuse me or my fellow libertarian petititioners again of “engaging in fraud” on an on-line Forum, I will slap you with a liable lawsuite so quick it will make your head spin.

Notice you didn’t say a word about the left-wing petititioners in MT for Minimum Wage and Stop the Lobbyists. You want some examples of serious shenanigans in petitition gathering. Check your own side. Oh, and btw, we libertarians and conservatives are no longer going to sit by and let you leftwing f*ckers get away with blocking us. We may have been polite in 2006. But expect us to fight you all every step of the way in 2007 and 2008. You’re hereby on notice.

NOW F*CK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

Libertarian Republicans

Fiscally Conservative, Socially Tolerant & Pro-Defense!

Dondero is a US Navy Veteran, former Libertarian Party National Committeeman, fmr. Senior Aide to US Congressman Ron Paul R-TX, and Founder of the Republican Liberty Caucus.

Comment by Insider — May 16, 2007 @ 11:44 am
  7. Wow this is the first time I’ve read something from Dondero that didn’t have a bunch of curse words.

Nice one Insider hahaha

Comment by uhm — May 16, 2007 @ 12:05 pm
  8. Oh, I think every one here is well aware of Donderos’ tirades. According to him, all of the contrubitors and commentors to The Liberty Papers are leftists who want to keep him from getting his underage drunk prostitute girlfriend an abortion.

Nick

Comment by Nick M. — May 16, 2007 @ 12:21 pm
  9. I hope Ron becomes our nest President & puts “For Sale” signs up in front of the IRS, Federal Reserve, Dept of Education, etc. Education should be 100% funded and controlled by the local communities, not by federal employees in DC.

By the way, I have worked for the IRS for almost 3 years. I’ll pound the sign in the ground for him.

Comment by can't tell you my name yet — May 16, 2007 @ 12:22 pm
  10. “Education should be 100% funded and controlled by the local communities, not by federal employees in DC.”

When it comes to control, are you sure you meant to say DC? Are you sure you didn’t mean to say the UN? Through UNESCO and the No Child Left Behind Act?

Comment by Chris — May 16, 2007 @ 1:48 pm
  11. I have to agree that almost everything I have ever seen from Mr. Dondero has been infantile and indicative of a serious grudge against Dr. Paul. He seems to anger easily and spew invective often.

Oh yeah, and he thinks Giuliani is a libertarian.
    I do hope that Dr. Paul will be too busy campaigning against Hillary to worry about TX-14, but I think just about any reasonable person could beat Mr. Dondero in an election.

Comment by Sam Marsh — May 16, 2007 @ 2:50 pm
  12. Mr. Dondero,

You, sir, are a liar.

It is one thing to call yourself a libertarian despite your avid support for a foreign policy of pre-emptively attacking third world countries that post no threat to us. But for you distort Ron Paul’s remarks and accuse him of suggesting that America is to blame for the attacks on 9/11 (when in fact, the congressman said no such thing)–that is a new low even for you.

Good luck in your campaign to unseat Ron Paul, because you’re going to need it. I wonder if the people of the 14th District are willing to support a “libertarian” who called for our government to nuke Saudi Arabia following the 9/11 attacks.

Comment by nicrivera — May 16, 2007 @ 7:21 pm
  13. I’d say Dondero is not Congressional material. That’s my understatement of the year.

Comment by CD-14 Voter — May 28, 2007 @ 3:51 pm
  14. When and if this bag of douche runs for Paul’s seat…I suggest going around to different blogs that he comments on and send some of the outbursts to the voters of the district.

Comment by Jason Pye — May 28, 2007 @ 9:57 pm