“I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10-mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe.”     Ron Paul,    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul506.html

May 21, 2007

Posting this just to see the “Fun” that’s sure to ensue in comments

by Chris

What can I say, I’m a son of a bitch.

TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/05/21/posting-this-just-to-see-the-fun-thats-sure-to-ensue-in-comments/trackback/

1. The cartoon isn’t funny.

It was blowback.

But let’s not allow the truth to interfere with support for Bush’s Folly in Iraq which took our focus off of those who attacked the United States on 9/11/2001 – al Qaeda and its Taliban allies in Afghanistan.

Comment by Ken H — May 21, 2007 @ 9:28 pm
  2. Ken H,

Did you support going into Afghanistan?

Comment by Kevin — May 21, 2007 @ 9:53 pm
  3. “The cartoon isn’t funny.

It was blowback.”

Aherm:

” Posting this just to see the “Fun” that’s sure to ensue in comments”

Comment by Saul — May 21, 2007 @ 10:33 pm
  4. We need a strong man like Rudy to take care of us, taking away those awful guns, and telling us what to believe. People say they reject a strong man but deep down they believe in Security > Liberty. I bet people would pick Saddam over a Libertarian given the option. If I had a time machine and could travel back to 1776 I’d tell them not to bother their experiment failed.

Comment by uhm — May 22, 2007 @ 1:28 am
  5. I think the ‘toon is funny, and I agree that there was blowback. I think that the cartoonist took advantage of a screw up by a politician. The screw up was not mentioning the idea blowback, but in how it was done.

People only seem to get mad at cartoonists doing it if the subject is a politician or issue that matters to them. Otherwise, they tend to laugh. It’s amazing the number of times I’ve seen someone make fun of bush or clinton or other people for screw ups, even if there was a legitimate point in there (which is rarely the case – Bah Duh Dum!).

Comment by Ted — May 22, 2007 @ 2:21 am
  6. Kevin,

Yes, I supported going into Afghanistan. Al Qaeda attacked us and the Taliban was allied with al Qaeda.

Ken