“We attack involuntary servitude, not in spite of the fact that it is advantageous to the "masters," but because we are convinced that, in the last analysis, it hurts the interests of all members of human society, including the "masters."”     Ludwig von Mises,    Liberalism

March 20, 2008

A Presidential Candidate We Can Believe In

by UCrawford

His policy statements are vague, he’s got no experience and I’m about 80% sure he’s still on drugs, but damned if he isn’t a likeable scamp who can belt out a good tune, so I’d consider tossing the man a vote.

It’s time for America to drink from the hose once again (and barbecue on Tuesdays).

H/T:  Reason Hit & Run

TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2008/03/20/a-presidential-candidate-we-can-believe-in/trackback/

1. Why does a website with 14 contributors average one post every day or two? You guys always post good stuff, just not enough. The readers want more.

Comment by Ben — March 20, 2008 @ 12:51 pm
  2. Ben,

Why does a website with 14 contributors average one post every day or two?

Because we’ve all got jobs…except, I’ve long suspected, for Doug :)

The readers want more.

The Paulestinians would probably argue that point, but much appreciated. Of course they keep coming back here to throw their two cents in despite the abuse we occasionally heap on them, so I guess in a perverse sort of way they enjoy the work we do as well :)

Comment by UCrawford — March 20, 2008 @ 1:06 pm
  3. And right as I say that, Doug puts out a very good piece about free speech :)

Comment by UCrawford — March 20, 2008 @ 1:10 pm
  4. the only abuse at play on this forum is the self-abuse you employ towards your character and your intellectual honesty. none of that has anything to do with Paul, paulestinians, or any other buzzword that you need in order to keep your bearings in your hollow mindset.

Comment by oilnwater — March 20, 2008 @ 1:42 pm
  5. oilnwater,

My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me?

Comment by UCrawford — March 20, 2008 @ 1:46 pm
  6. better.

Comment by oilnwater — March 20, 2008 @ 1:48 pm
  7. Oilnwater hereby forfeits all cool points for failing to recognize a direct quote from one of the greatest movies ever made.

Not that he’s forfeiting all that much :)

Comment by UCrawford — March 20, 2008 @ 1:57 pm
  8. While men like UCrawford are almost entirely bereft of intellectual honesty and principle on several key issues, and who along with several of other editors here are atrociously at odds with their purported classical liberal forebearers, the tenor of conversation on a good many issues is slightly above the mean.

Comment by Benjamin Kuipers — March 20, 2008 @ 4:02 pm
  9. Gotta love those Paulestinians…writing in to whine about intellectual honesty on a joke article about electing Dave Grohl as president. Apparently being an avid supporter of Fuhrer Paul requires a humorectomy and an inability to read for comprehension. What a laugh riot your meet-up groups must have been. :)

Comment by UCrawford — March 20, 2008 @ 4:43 pm
  10. I’m throughly surprised at the amount of whining & bitching that goes on, and yet, no one stopped to think:

“Wow, If i did this all on a blog of my own, instead of providing rhetorical, linguistic masturbation on a blog I supposedly “hate”, I could possibly further the debate by providing competing view points and blog posts of my own and other people that agree with me. I could even come up with a neat little logo, and hire neat writers, and somehow eventually come face to face with other commentators that did what I used to.

With a brand, pride of my own, and loyal followers, I could certainly deflect criticisms of my and other people on my blog’s viewpoints with the deft ability of Superman leaping over buildings in a single bound! If the ARI somehow manages, then by golly, so could I; I mean, so could “we”! Oh, the fun would never end!”

In other news, Vaudeville is still dead. But some of you Paul followers can still make it, you just gotta have a gimmick! Don’t let those talking pictures fool ya!

Comment by Nitroadict — March 20, 2008 @ 5:08 pm
  11. speaking of masturbation, did you enjoy your post?

Comment by oilnwater — March 21, 2008 @ 10:39 am
  12. I’m glad the irony wasn’t lost on someone.

Comment by Nitroadict — March 21, 2008 @ 11:54 am