“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.”     Leo Tolstoy

April 10, 2008

Quote Of The Day: Michelle Obama Edition

Forget Jeremiah Wright.

Does Barack Obama agree with his wife ?

“If we don’t wake up as a nation with a new kind of leadership … for how we want this country to work, then we won’t get universal health care,” she said.

“The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more.”

I may be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that song before.

H/T: QandO

TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2008/04/10/quote-of-the-day-michelle-obama-edition/trackback/

1. I knew that I saw this fear predicted somewhere and I’ve found it. Two-hundred and twenty years ago last year, John Adams predicted what would happen if we had too much democracy. It is literally amazing how correct he was: http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/v1ch16s15.html

Comment by Justin Bowen — April 10, 2008 @ 10:05 am
  2. It is quite obvious that BO & MO are closet Marxists. Look at the teachings of their church, and the not-so-subdued animosity of MO. What do we need here, a visit from “Obvious Man?”

Comment by Joe Lennar — April 10, 2008 @ 1:46 pm
  3. God Bless the Obama’s they are what this country needs….OBAMA 08

Comment by lovinBO&MO — April 10, 2008 @ 3:54 pm
  4. And by God I will use any means nessesary to get it. And for my efforts, I shall recieve a piece, and all will be well.

Comment by anonomous — April 10, 2008 @ 7:36 pm
  5. Justin, I read your link, and the thought that comes to my mind is Vizzini in the Princess Bride, complaining that “you are trying to steal what I have rightfully stolen.”

Comment by MikeF — April 10, 2008 @ 9:40 pm
  6. MikeF
    [quote]Justin, I read your link, and the thought that comes to my mind is Vizzini in the Princess Bride, complaining that “you are trying to steal what I have rightfully stolen.”[/quote]

That could be used to support any number of arguments by different people. Perhaps I will know the answer to this later on, but could you humor me in the mean time and let me know which argument you’re using this quote to support?

Comment by Justin Bowen — April 11, 2008 @ 2:51 am
  7. What code do you use for quotations, italics, and so on?

Comment by Justin Bowen — April 11, 2008 @ 11:22 am