“Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.”     Milton Friedman

September 26, 2008

Weekend Open Thread: Presidential Debate Drinking Game

by Brad Warbiany

We’ve already seen one debate between McCain and Obama. And frankly, although I was drinking beer at the time, I was far too even-keeled to be able to take this nonsense. We’ve got two more of these, and we need something to make it a bit more interesting.

So I propose a Presidential Debate Drinking Game!

Terms of the open thread are as such: post any rule that you think is necessary for the game. I’ll start:

Take a drink for any time McCain refers to Ronald Reagan.

Who’s next?

TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2008/09/26/weekend-open-thread-presidential-debate-drinking-game/trackback/

1. Adding a rule requiring a drink at any Obama mention of “hope” or “change” (or any reasonable derivative) is tantamout to attempted murder, so I’ll propose the following:

2) Take a drink for every American flag in the background on stage.

Comment by thomasblair — September 27, 2008 @ 5:00 am
  2. 3) Take a drink when McCain says, “…my friend(s)…”.

Comment by thomasblair — September 27, 2008 @ 5:08 am
  3. 4) take a drink every time Obama says “this administration”

Comment by timthee — September 27, 2008 @ 9:40 am
  4. 5)take a drink at every reference to “Main Street.”

Comment by nicolas — September 27, 2008 @ 6:23 pm
  5. 6)take a drink every time someone references “failed policy”

Comment by David Wilson — September 28, 2008 @ 9:35 am
  6. Take a drink every time “Wall Street” or “Main Street” is mentioned.

Comment by Ben — September 29, 2008 @ 7:31 pm
  7. I just came up with the perfect drinking game. Most drinking games will leave you dead in a gutter. This one is perfectly self-limiting.

I take a shot whenever they make me want to take a shot. :-) After about 10 minutes I’m numb enough that I’m laughing at the tv instead of throwing my remote. Then I can put the bottle down until I sober up enough to get pissed off again.

Comment by Jeff Molby — October 2, 2008 @ 7:15 pm