“The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.”     Ayn Rand,    The Smallest Minority

September 26, 2008

Weekend Open Thread: Presidential Debate Drinking Game

by Brad Warbiany

We’ve already seen one debate between McCain and Obama. And frankly, although I was drinking beer at the time, I was far too even-keeled to be able to take this nonsense. We’ve got two more of these, and we need something to make it a bit more interesting.

So I propose a Presidential Debate Drinking Game!

Terms of the open thread are as such: post any rule that you think is necessary for the game. I’ll start:

Take a drink for any time McCain refers to Ronald Reagan.

Who’s next?

TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2008/09/26/weekend-open-thread-presidential-debate-drinking-game/trackback/

1. Adding a rule requiring a drink at any Obama mention of “hope” or “change” (or any reasonable derivative) is tantamout to attempted murder, so I’ll propose the following:

2) Take a drink for every American flag in the background on stage.

Comment by thomasblair — September 27, 2008 @ 5:00 am
  2. 3) Take a drink when McCain says, “…my friend(s)…”.

Comment by thomasblair — September 27, 2008 @ 5:08 am
  3. 4) take a drink every time Obama says “this administration”

Comment by timthee — September 27, 2008 @ 9:40 am
  4. 5)take a drink at every reference to “Main Street.”

Comment by nicolas — September 27, 2008 @ 6:23 pm
  5. 6)take a drink every time someone references “failed policy”

Comment by David Wilson — September 28, 2008 @ 9:35 am
  6. Take a drink every time “Wall Street” or “Main Street” is mentioned.

Comment by Ben — September 29, 2008 @ 7:31 pm
  7. I just came up with the perfect drinking game. Most drinking games will leave you dead in a gutter. This one is perfectly self-limiting.

I take a shot whenever they make me want to take a shot. :-) After about 10 minutes I’m numb enough that I’m laughing at the tv instead of throwing my remote. Then I can put the bottle down until I sober up enough to get pissed off again.

Comment by Jeff Molby — October 2, 2008 @ 7:15 pm