“"All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression.”     Thomas Jefferson,    First Inaugural Address, 4 March 1801

November 10, 2008

A Conversation

by Chris

LSE (larval stage engineer): Exactly what kind of job can you get with a degree in feminism?

Chris: Socialist Indoctrinator

LSE: You’d think the market demand for socialist indoctrinator would be rather small…

Chris: Sadly, no.

Permalink || Comments (6) || Categories: Humor
TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2008/11/10/a-conversation/trackback/

1. Equality for all except for women.

Comment by VRB — November 12, 2008 @ 4:41 am
  2. VRB, if there were true equality, I could have gotten a degree in Meninism. If you hear of a university offering that kind of program, would you let me know?

Comment by trumpetbob15 — November 12, 2008 @ 9:48 am
  3. Trumpet Bob,

I see you don’t get it.

Comment by VRB — November 12, 2008 @ 10:01 am
  4. I don’t get it. I will gladly admit that I don’t understand how women think that if they just discriminate against men, it will make everything right. Maybe I should blame my mom for telling me when I was a kid that “two wrongs don’t make a right” but that might be sexist, eh?

This conversation shows that this person who actually serve a purpose can’t figure what a feminism degree would contribute to society. I guess you can rightly put me in that boat too.

Comment by trumpetbob15 — November 12, 2008 @ 10:05 am
  5. Trumphetbob15,
    What you have described isn’t feminism? I have never heard of a feminism degree.

Your argument is trite and so familiar on two levels. I often wonder how does one discriminate against privilege. When a woman gets that job and you don’t, how do you know someone else wouldn’t get your job. Be that person a minority, would that also so be discrimination; or would it even occur to you that you have failed to get that job on your own merit? You know as a black person and a female, I have had to ask that question for over forty years. If I complain, I am accused of playing the race card or a raving “feminist”, so what would I call you, a “macho sexist”?

Comment by VRB — November 12, 2008 @ 9:48 pm
  6. VRB,

You’ve never heard of a feminism degree. Yet you spout off with a victicrat statement like “Equality for all except for women” even though you yourself have admitted that you don’t know what a feminism degree is worth.

Let me put it this way. Let’s say I’m a hiring manager, and I’m looking for someone to do a Public Relations job (chosen as an example because my wife has a journalism degree with PR emphasis). If a man comes to me with a cultural studies degree, a woman comes to me with a communications degree, and another woman comes to me with a feminism degree, guess which one I hire? I’ll give you a hint. Two of the three have worthless degrees that have nothing to do with PR.

A degree in feminism proves that you can sit through four years of college classes. It doesn’t show that you have any marketable skills.

Comment by Brad Warbiany — November 12, 2008 @ 11:59 pm