Let me just talk about numbers again for one second…
So let me ask you, what do you think would stimulate the economy more:
- $819 billion of taxpayer money and bad debt on our national credit cards; distributed via political favoritism, cronyism, and cherry picking of favored causes
- $2,676 in the pocket of every single man, woman, and child in America
- $7,122 for each and every household in America
- $11,870 for every household in America that actually pays taxes
- $17,804 for every household in America that pays taxes above the margin line (they pay more taxes than the government costs per household)
Obviously, all but number one are politically unlikely because they would take control away from the politicians and actually give the people some of their money back…
…And of course 4 and 5 are right out, because that would be “taking money from the poor to give to the rich” (of course it wouldn’t be, in fact all but 4 and 5 would be yet more redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the poor, or the politically favored).
Think about it though… which do you think would actually stimulate the economy the most? Which would result in the most job creation? Which would result in the most wealth creation? In fact, which would result in the most people with their lives materially improved in the long term?
Yes, that’s right, it’s options 4 and 5; because options 1, 2, and 3, are nothing more than broken windows.