Where Was the Republican Outrage Before Obama Was Elected?
- Where was the Republican outrage about the burdensome spending created with the No Child Left Behind Act?
- Why weren’t y’all as upset about the cost of Medicare Part D as you are about Obama’s socialistic health care schemes?
- Please don’t respond that “at least Bush gave us tax cuts.” Is there any reason that no one seemed pissed off that Bush was the biggest taxer in the world?
- On spending, as early as early 2004, even the GOP-friendly Heritage Foundation was upset about Bush/Republican domestic spending. Where were Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the mouthpieces of the right at this time?
- Since Republican politicians try to jockey for the position of who can sound the most like Ronald Reagan, why didn’t y’all listen to the person who wrote most of Reagan’s words?
To be clear, I think it is cool that it appears that libertarians have some newfound friends on the small-government team. However, it’s fair to color us a bit skeptical, as we are still licking our Republican-inflicted wounds. It may take a bit of time for us to recover from the political PTSD we are suffering after fighting Republicans for the last eight years over government spending issues.
A few honest answers may help the healing process, though.