Don’t Read This if You Aren’t Libertarianby Stephen Gordon
Here’s the wording (no direct link available yet, but here’s the latest cut-and-paste source) from one of the April 15th Tea Party notifications. To further insult people with an I.Q. over 80, they threw a new Gingrich video on the page. They ask:
Are you fed up with a Congress and a president who:
* vote for a $500 billion tax bill without even reading it?
* are spending trillions of borrowed dollars, leaving a debt our great-grandchildren will be paying?
* consistently give special interest groups billions of dollars in earmarks to help get themselves re-elected?
* want to take your wealth and redistribute it to others?
* punish those who practice responsible financial behavior and reward those who do not?
* admit to using the financial hurt of millions as an opportunity to push their political agenda?
* run up trillions of dollars of debt and then sell that debt to countries such as China?
* want government controlled health care?
* want to take away the right to vote with a secret ballot in union elections?
* refuse to stop the flow of millions of illegal immigrants into our country?
* appoint a defender of child pornography to the Number 2 position in the Justice Department?
* want to force doctors and other medical workers to perform abortions against their will?
* want to impose a carbon tax on your electricity, gas and home heating fuels?
* want to reduce your tax deductibility for charitable gifts?
* take money from your family budget to pay for their federal budget?
If so, participate in the TEA party rally, the Taxed Enough Already (TEA) party.
Disregarding a few more minor issues towards the end of the list, this sorta sounds remotely similar to business as GOP normal for the last eight years, doesn’t it? I’ll be participating in multiple Tea Parties on April 15. Preferring Goldwater to opportunists, I’ll not be quoting Newt that day. I’d rather be part of the solution than be part of the problem.