“To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wistom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be placed under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harrassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality.”     P. J. Proudhon,    General Idea of the Revolution in the Nineteenth Century

May 19, 2009

Comment of the Day : “So I’m an Ass” Edition

by Stephen Littau

Re: Presenting the Latest Nominees for the Ramos-Compean Medal of Valor

You are a real piece of work. Keep drinking the Kool-aid. Do you even know what you are speaking about? Apparently you enjoy your drugs and despise anyone who would delay your supply from reaching. That is the only logical reason why you would come to the defense of a drug runner. And a drug runner who used the border pass given to him by our government to make a delivery. Sir, you are an Ass.

Comment by Tim Martinez — May 19, 2009 @ 6:09 am

I would try to respond but I’m way too busy drinking the Kool-aid and being a stoned ass.

TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2009/05/19/comment-of-the-day-%e2%80%9cso-i%e2%80%99m-an-ass%e2%80%9d-edition/trackback/

1. At least he used his manners and called you Sir!

Comment by Aimee — May 19, 2009 @ 5:47 pm
  2. If Mr. Martinez intended to write “donkey”, then I’ll have to disagree. I’m pretty sure I can safely assert that Mr. Littau is not a Democrat. Then again, based on his other writings, he’s likely not an “elephant” either.

Libertarians need a mascot.

Comment by Akston — May 19, 2009 @ 7:47 pm
  3. Akston,

We’ve got one… The porcupine. (At least according to the free state project folks).

Although I am more partial to Ben Franklin’s suggested symbol for America — the rattlesnake.

Comment by Brad Warbiany — May 19, 2009 @ 8:49 pm
  4. True, I never have belonged to the jackass party (and likely never will) but for far too long a member of the dumbass party (Republican Party).

In all fairness to Mr. Martinez, I was a bit of a smart ass in the post he responded to (which was my intention).

Comment by Stephen Littau — May 20, 2009 @ 10:36 am
  5. I thought Ben Franklin suggested the turkey as America’s mascot?

Comment by Stephen Littau — May 20, 2009 @ 10:37 am
  6. The turkey was to be the national bird, we ended up with the eagle.

Comment by John222 — May 20, 2009 @ 11:23 am
  7. I think the comment completely misses the point. If this guy was guilty of a crime, then he should be prosecuted before punishment. There was no need for the police to start by kicking him in the face. What ever happened to “innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?”

Comment by Peter — May 22, 2009 @ 5:36 am
  8. I know Peter, what an antiquated concept!

Comment by Stephen Littau — May 22, 2009 @ 6:03 am