“There is nothing more unequal, than the equal treatment of unequal people.”     Thomas Jefferson

June 19, 2009

Barbara Boxer is the One Who Needs the Etiquette Lessons

by Stephen Littau

This behavior on the part of Barbara Boxer* would be appalling if the comments were directed at a regular citizen at a town hall meeting much less a decorated general in a Senate hearing! She “worked so hard” to earn this title? What did she have to do to “earn” this title vs. what General Walsh had to do to earn his?

This woman isn’t even worthy of shining the general’s shoes. What a bitch.

*Notice I didn’t refer to her as Senator Boxer. I’m almost certain to be added to the terrorist watch list if I haven’t been already.

TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2009/06/19/barbara-boxer-is-the-one-who-needs-the-etiquette-lessons/trackback/

1. Anyone that has served at least one day in the military recognizes that the use of Sir and Ma’am is a sign of respect. She owes the General an apology. If her concern for this country was on par with her perceived self importance, we might get some work out of Congress.
    What a hack.

Comment by RichieRich — June 19, 2009 @ 11:01 am
  2. I am not an Officer or a Gentlemen, I am a enlisted man and I will call her a BITCH.

Comment by Kendrick A. Hall — June 19, 2009 @ 11:36 am
  3. Senator?? You’re a disgrace to the United States

Comment by R. Eldridge — June 19, 2009 @ 12:38 pm
  4. Quoth Cartman:

Monday she’s a bitch,
    on Tuesday she’s a bitch,
    on Wednesday to Saturday, she’s a bitch,
    then on Sunday, just to be different,
    she’s a super, king, kameha-meha biatch!

Comment by Stephen Gordon — June 19, 2009 @ 1:15 pm
  5. I’m deeply offended. You’ve insulted us bitches by comparing us to Barbara Boxer.

Comment by Bitch — June 19, 2009 @ 1:18 pm
  6. lmao @ Gordo. Cartman kicks ass!

Comment by Stephen Littau — June 19, 2009 @ 1:23 pm
  7. Hey, Babs Boxer, why don’t you GFY! You are a self-absorbed and self-important bitch. how I would have loved it if the General had continued calling her “maam”. The General is a much better man than I!
    Oh, maybe you should brush that mop that tops your head and put on a little makeup. BITCH!!!!

Comment by John Schipsi — June 19, 2009 @ 1:37 pm
  8. 1) After 11 years in the Army, I’ll state beyond any shadow of any doubt that it’s proper military protocol to refer to a superior as ma’am or sir.

2) When I deal with a congresscritter, I generally call them by their congressional title in my first sentence to ensure that I acknowledge their position, then I’ll mostly use sir or ma’am through the rest of the conversation.

3) Cartman does indeed kick ass. :)

Comment by Stephen Gordon — June 19, 2009 @ 2:04 pm
  9. One day years ago, Barbara Boxer was in the same jury pool I was. You know the drill… you sit in the room waiting and waiting for a trial to come up. Well, in the three hours we waited, she spoke to *no one*. And her attitude couldn’t be clearer–we were beneath her contempt, let alone her attention. This doesn’t surprise me one bit.

Comment by Quincy — June 19, 2009 @ 5:54 pm
  10. Quincy,

That’s interesting. Was she actually placed on jury duty and (if so) was she elected foreman?

Comment by Stephen Gordon — June 19, 2009 @ 6:48 pm
  11. The comments about Boxer on Twitter have been pretty funny. I just logged a bunch of them here.

Comment by Stephen Gordon — June 19, 2009 @ 10:36 pm
  12. Stephen –

She was conspicuously absent when we were moved from the jury pool to a courtroom.

Comment by Quincy — June 20, 2009 @ 9:52 am