“Freedom... refer[s] to a social relationship among people -- namely, the absence of force as a prospective instrument of decision making. Freedom is reduced whenever a decision is made under threat of force, whether or not force actually materializes or is evident in retrospect.”     Thomas Sowell

March 24, 2010

Rand Paul Picks Up Major Endorsement

by Brad Warbiany

Well, sorta:

Dick Cheney today announced that he is endorsing Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson over Rand Paul in the GOP Senate primary.

“I’m a lifelong conservative, and I can tell the real thing when I see it. I have looked at the records of both candidates in the race, and it is clear to me that Trey Grayson is right on the issues that matter — both on fiscal responsibility and on national security,” Cheney said in a statement released this morning.

I suspect for many of our readers, this is somewhat analogous to Carter’s Razor; i.e. on any policy issue, the correct position is most likely to be the exact opposite of whatever Jimmy Carter is advocating.

If Cheney is pushing for Trey Grayson, anyone with a libertarian bent should vote for “the other guy”.

Permalink || Comments (9) || Categories: General
TrackBack URI: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2010/03/24/rand-paul-picks-up-major-endorsement/trackback/

1. My thoughts exactly. If Cheney likes somebody, that lets you know that he has no business being involved in politics.

Comment by Justin — March 24, 2010 @ 6:01 pm
  2. WOW! What a great opportunity to not only discredit Trey Grayson but expose Dick Cheney (former CFR chairman) to his David Rockefeller globalist ties.

Watch this Trey you neo-con RINO former democrat Clinton supporter CFR brown-noser.

Comment by Todd in Sacramento — March 24, 2010 @ 7:08 pm
  3. What a joke. I’m a conservative and I know a hypocrite when I see one. Rand Paul is no hypocrite. http://www.randpaul2010.com

Comment by Kyle — March 25, 2010 @ 10:08 am
  4. If you ever wondered about the independence of the national repub. party vis a vi the democrats, and why they go along with so much progressive crap, now you know – they are scared we will elect independent republicans and real conservative republicans – not CFR and soros sellouts. The crooked Cheney can take a hike, and take his goofy daughter with him too. The only family I want in Washington is the Pauls.

Comment by John Gault — March 25, 2010 @ 12:11 pm
  5. Well I have a friend who recommended Paul but if Chaney endorses Grayson I have to take a closer look at Paul and will probably vote with Chaney.

Comment by Laze — March 25, 2010 @ 2:42 pm
  6. I like and respect VP Dick Cheney, however, I am not a globalist. I think it is time we citizens vote for a true conservative, regardless the choice of the political machine. They have not done very well. We got President Obama, the least experienced of the candidates, because “they” picked John McCain.

Comment by tg — March 25, 2010 @ 6:26 pm
  7. Semper fi both of the pauls

Comment by Tim — March 25, 2010 @ 6:47 pm
  8. It has been publically exposed – now many times- that Cheney knowingly misled the public on Irag to get us into that disaster. He knew they had no WMD, but said they did. He knew Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 but said he did. He knew there was no yellow cake in Africa, but said there was. The guy utterly lacks integrity. He was a disastorus VP.

His endorsement should nail the coffin on Grayson’s chances.

Comment by Edward — March 26, 2010 @ 4:09 pm
  9. Cheney must have made the endorsement from his criminal hideout in Bahrain. I know he’s wanted in Europe for War crimes/ crimes against humanity, have those been extended to the United States ?

Comment by riceowlex — March 29, 2010 @ 3:52 am