Category Archives: Humor
Nothing to say here other than enjoy!
There’s some really great tweets about Sen. Rand Paul’s filibuster. So far, this is my favorite:
ACLU, CodePink & a Tea Party senator all on the same page. We’re an Elizabeth Warren rain dance away from this being SUPER EPIC. #filibuster
— SFK (@stephenkruiser) March 6, 2013
Some much needed levity from “Libertarian Girl” in the spirit of Valentine’s Day.
Top 10 Libertarian Pickup Lines
10. “I’d like to indefinitely detain you.”
9. “I only practice the non-aggression principle outside the bedroom.”
8. “Wanna Lysander Spoon?”
7. “I want the government out of my bedroom, but you in it.”
6. “I’m an economist, you’re an economist. How about a little horizontal integration?”
5. “So you were the one responsible for the ‘Occupy My Mind’ movement last night.”
4. “Unlike fiat money, you’re worth something to me baby.”
3. “I’m not Keynesing you, I really want to liberate your Hayek and Rothbard your Mises.”
2. “Is that a stimulus package in your pants or are you just happy to see me?”
1. “My love is like communism: everyone gets a share and its only good in theory.”
Until yesterday, if someone asked me what I thought about Dr. Ben Cason, I would have had no idea who you were talking about. After listening to his speech (below) from the National Prayer Breakfast from a few days ago with President Obama just a few feet away, I thought this speech was too good not to share.
As an atheist, there were obviously some points I disagreed with. Theological disagreement notwithstanding, overall there was a great deal of wisdom in what he had to say about history, political correctness, personal responsibility, morality, education, healthcare, the national debt, and the tax code. There was easily more intelligent ideas being spoken here than last night’s State of the Union.
If you don’t watch any other part of this speech, start watching around the 18 minute mark where Dr. Carson talks about the immorality of class warfare the progressive tax code and watch the president’s face (spoiler alert: he doesn’t seem too amused). I honestly don’t know how this guy got in the room, much less had the opportunity to speak!